Ravy Vajravelu, MD, MSCE
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Ravy K. Vajravelu, MD, MSCE is a board-certified gastroenterologist and internist who is a Staff Gastroenterologist in the VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System. He is also Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Before joining the faculty at Pitt, Dr. Vajravelu was an Instructor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine. He trained at Case Western Reserve University and the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Vajravelu develops precision medicine tools that inform therapeutic decision making in gastroenterology by integrating insights from across biomedical science. One of his projects focused on the development of the medication class enrichment analysis (MCEA) algorithm to improve the signal-to-noise ratio for studies that analyze multiple exposures simultaneously using large observational datasets.
Education & Training
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 2008
- MD, Case Western Reserve University, 2012
- MSCE, Clinical Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania, 2018
- Intern in Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 2012-2013
- Resident in Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 2013-2015
- Fellow in Gastroenterology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 2015-2018
- Chief Fellow in Gastroenterology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 2017-2018