Tae Woo (Ted) Park, MD
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Dr. Park received his MD from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, and completed residency training in adult psychiatry and a fellowship in addiction psychiatry at UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH). Dr. Park then completed a neuropsychiatry research fellowship at Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine in Japan, followed by a research fellowship in substance abuse treatment at the VA Boston Healthcare System. Dr. Park previously held academic appointments at Brown University and Boston University before returning to Pittsburgh. Dr. Park’s research focuses on overdose in patients using opioids (particularly with concurrent benzodiazepine use), as well as addiction treatment in general medical settings. He is currently principal investigator of a National Institute on Drug Abuse-funded K23 grant investigating distress tolerance and benzodiazepine discontinuation in opioid agonist therapy.
Education & Training
- MD, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine
- Residency, Adult Psychiatry, UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital
- Fellowship, Addiction Psychiatry, UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital
- Postdoctoral, Addiction Treatment, VA Boston Healthcare System & Neuropsychiatry, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine